Mod graphics not showing in client

Crimsonsplat
Small cart builder
Small cart builder

Mod graphics not showing in client

Post by Crimsonsplat »

So I've got a couple of mods on my server, and supposedly have the correct files installed on the client side. But I can't see the custom graphics.

The mods are Bdew's Halloween, and the hitching post (not sure if it's his). They work fine on the server side, but I see only default graphics on the client. So I made sure to update the serverpacks and client modlauncher files from github. Then I ran patcher.bat. Yet I still see only the default graphics.

I believe that theres a step involving installation of these two mods into my client, but I'm not clear on which files, zipped or unzipped, and which subfolder I put them in. Can someone specify which files are installed client-side, and where?

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Mod graphics not showing in client

Post by Kenabil »

You need the client mod "serverpacks", which comes with Ago's mod launcher, but by default you don't get the properties file which is required for it to load. You get the property file here:
https://github.com/ago1024/WurmClientMo ... t-0.14.zip

The same applies for the other client mods, they need corresponding properties files.

Crimsonsplat
Small cart builder
Small cart builder

Post by Crimsonsplat »

I've got that. Please...don't assume I know anything or infer the "obvious." Maybe the pic below will help. It's the starting point.
Things I tried:
Adding halloween.properties, \halloween and \bdew_sever_mod_tools to the \mod directory, with halloween-pack.zip in the \halloween directory. Patched, but game would not run. Last four lines of log:
[06:08:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\wurmesp.properties
[06:08:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModLoaderShared: Reading mods\bdew_server_mod_tools\bdew_server_mod_tools.jar!/META-INF/org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader/bdew_server_mod_tools.properties
[06:08:15 PM] INFO org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.ModInstanceBuilder: Classpath: [mods\bdew_server_mod_tools\bdew_server_mod_tools.jar]
[06:08:15 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.clientlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: org/gotti/wurmunlimited/modloader/interfaces/WurmServerMod
Re-validated Steam files to clear the patch, then added halloween.properties, \halloween and \bdew_sever_mod_tools to the \mod directory, with halloween-pack.zip and halloween.jar in the \halloween directory. Ran patcher.bat, but the game would not run when I tried it. Last four lines of log were exactly the same.

Re-validated Steam files to clear the patch, then unzipped halloween-pack.zip into the \halloween directory (and removed the zip file). Ran patcher.bat, but game would not run when I tried it. Last four lines of log were exactly the same.

A screenshot of someone's working directories/files would probably help. I have a peculiar twist of mind that makes me ideal for writing precise instructions (I do it for a living), but following anyone else's less rigorous explanations leaves me floundering in a mess of "did they mean this or that?" or overlooking an assumed but unstated instruction.
Attachments
Mods folder.gif
Mods folder.gif (33.96 KiB) Viewed 9009 times

Crimsonsplat
Small cart builder
Small cart builder

Post by Crimsonsplat »

Addendum: Deleted the halloween folder from the \mods folder. Same failure, same log. Remembered to delete the halloween.properties folder, and this time the program ran. Of course, no client side custom graphics.

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

Please...don't assume I know anything or infer the "obvious."
Ok, if you say so :mrgreen: Good luck then!

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

Moving the thread to "Client issues".