GM create unfinished items

Discuss Wurm Unlimited here.
Batta
Digger
Digger

GM create unfinished items

Post by Batta »

Is there a way for a GM to create an unfinished item, using a wand?  If so, where can I find the item codes for these?

I see that the Treasure Hunting mod offers unfinished items as a loot item, such as rare unfinished guard tower or rowing boat. The items need almost all the rest of the mats to complete, and appear to be just the initial creation. We love them because they are already rare and decent QL, and I'd love to replicate that with the wand, if it can be done somehow.

Thanks!

EDIT: I tried creating "unfinished item," thinking I might Set Item to change it somehow, but got [10:00:11] Don't create these. They will lack important data.

Batta
Digger
Digger

Re: GM create unfinished items

Post by Batta »

UPDATE:  I was able to create an "unfinished item" using #give 179.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to configure it into something.  Can anyone help with this?

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Re: GM create unfinished items

Post by Kenabil »

You need to set the correct data for the unfinished item, and the wand doesn't have access to the real template parameter for the unfinished item. You need a mod for this, as far as I can tell, but I may be wrong.