STOP Shriveled tree will replant itself

Discuss Wurm Unlimited here.
byxoft
Large cart builder
Large cart builder

STOP Shriveled tree will replant itself

Post by byxoft »

hi wurmians

pls advice me ..... Shriveled tree will replant itself after it dies....is any way/mod to stop it?

thx

byxoft
Large cart builder
Large cart builder

Re: STOP Shriveled tree will replant itself

Post by byxoft »

the best would be mod:

1. when the server starts it would change all the required tiles to another ... for example = shriveled tree -> grass ... with the option to set in properties

or

2. STOP Shriveled tree will replant itself

could anyone make such a mod?
Last edited by byxoft on Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

That shouldn't be too difficult to make, but I'm unsure what would happen to the ecology of trees and forests. You would have to increase tree spreading quite a bit.

byxoft
Large cart builder
Large cart builder

Post by byxoft »

Kenabil wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:38 am
That shouldn't be too difficult to make, but I'm unsure what would happen to the ecology of trees and forests. You would have to increase tree spreading quite a bit.
when the map is completely overgrown ... it will never clear when the Shriveled tree will replant itself ... tree spreading not help

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

On Awakening we had mostly problems with oaks and willows killing off surrounding trees while spreading at the same time, causing large areas to be covered by only oak and willows. So we blocked oaks and willows from spreading at all, and backed all trees to the original map when the server started. We also have very slow tree spreading, which is a setting you can tweak for your server. The map has been running for 2½ years since and haven't been overrun by trees so far.

byxoft
Large cart builder
Large cart builder

Post by byxoft »

Kenabil wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:53 am
On Awakening we had mostly problems with oaks and willows killing off surrounding trees while spreading at the same time, causing large areas to be covered by only oak and willows. So we blocked oaks and willows from spreading at all, and backed all trees to the original map when the server started. We also have very slow tree spreading, which is a setting you can tweak for your server. The map has been running for 2½ years since and haven't been overrun by trees so far.
now I know that too...i have tree spreading=20.000 :) a do free grass area and really no tree spreading for 3 weeks

BUT! :) now it's late, map is tree overground....need clear....and STOP "shriveled tree will replant itself" would help