Awakening Server Mod

Mods for installing on servers, created by the forum's talented developers.
Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Awakening Server Mod

Post by Kenabil »

Release of the public Awakening Server mod, which is an extract of the original mod on the Awakening server. Selected parts have been compiled into this package, while code bound to server specific lore and standards has been left out. The main functionality in this mod consists of:
  • A number of custom GM/CM commands as well as player commands
  • Leaderboards for skills and overall top player based on top 10 skills
  • Custom trait functionality
  • Offspring names
  • Block dropping dirt on enemy deeds (PvP)
  • Block oak and willows from spreading
  • Custom pet handling, pets normally don't attack hostile creatures, unless given attack command
  • Use old (WO) skill gains for meditation skill
  • Block farm tiles on deed from growing unless tended
  • Custom player settings
  • Send server lag reports
  • Kingdoms may become allies (PvP)
  • Anti macro handling
  • Plagues, it will lower creature population over time if max number of creatures have been lowered
  • Kingdom inventory supplier, adds trader items to listed merchants
All features can be switched on/off in the awakening.properties file.

See reference for details

Download and source code

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Awakening Server Mod

Post by Kenabil »

Version 1.0.1 has been released:
  • Add decay on locks on locked items, when owned has been offline for a long time, and option to un-plant them (excludes items on a deed where the owner is citizen). Also make it possible to claim unlocked vehicles by embarking as driver.
  • Add blocking of more than one character online from same steam id at the same time, or alternatively, blocking cross kingdom alts.
  • Updated player settings to only show settings for features that are turned on.

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

Version 1.0.2 has been released:

Added a smaller bulk storage item, the bulk chest, for storing bulk items in a furniture. It has a smaller volume and will store only a fraction of a BSB, but stores by volume and so small volume items can be stored in large numbers. The reason for this item is for mainly decorative purposes, place a bulk chest near an oven for wood scraps and kindling, or near a loom or spinning wheel for threads and yarn, etc. It may not loos as well with a large BSB. Can be loaded on a cart, so also works as a small loadable BSB.

Added custom recipe items, coffee beans, coffee, peanuts etc. To be used in custom recipes published on the WU forum for recipes (https://forum.wurm-unlimited.net). To gain access to this forum you must be a server host, apply to become member in the server hosts group.

Batta
Digger
Digger

Post by Batta »

This looks great, but I don't understand what most of the options mean. Is there a description somewhere? I've read the forum listing, but it doesn't give details so I still don't know what most of the options do, or how to use them.

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

Oh, sorry, I've started on the documentation, but nobody said anything about it so I kind of forgot to complete it. You've got the wiki entry at least with about half of the configurations documented: https://wiki.wurm-unlimited.net/page/Aw ... Server_Mod

Note this "you can safely remove all properties and only turn those features on that you want.", which is a relevant part. If you only want one feature, you can simply remove all properties and turn on that feature, so the ones you don't understand or don't want, just remove them. I'll try and complete documenting the list in the wiki though. Thanks for reminding! :flower:

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

Ok Batta, I've documented most of the configurations on the Wiki page, but it's getting late so I'm about to go to bed and continue tomorrow.

Batta
Digger
Digger

Post by Batta »

Kenabil wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:30 pm
Ok Batta, I've documented most of the configurations on the Wiki page, but it's getting late so I'm about to go to bed and continue tomorrow.
Much appreciated. Thank you!

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

I've completed documenting all properties of the mod, but it could be that some configurations will need more information if something is unclear or difficult to understand or lacking important details or explanations. Please ask then and I will write more.

Batta
Digger
Digger

Post by Batta »

Fyi, handleCommandTile is in the properties file, but is missing from the list of explanations.
Also checkForTreeSprouts

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

I've decided to remove properties from the documentation that are still in the code but which I don't think anyone has much use for. One property is to turn on a command for checking tiles, and the other is to activate that you can check for tree sprouts, I don't even remember why it was implemented, but at some point I needed the command. See it as deprecated and will be removed at some point :)