Expanded cooking ingredients list

Requests for mods of any kind, also includes tools, models, recipes and guides.
Batta
Digger
Digger

Expanded cooking ingredients list

Post by Batta »

I'd love a server side mod that allows admin to add whatever non-food items they like to a list. The items could then be used in custom recipes. For example, it would be great to be able to use wemp in recipes (such as wemp gummies or brownies). Or maybe acorns in something. Or a rock shard to make Stone Soup.

Coldie
Cart loader
Cart loader

Re: Expanded cooking ingredients list

Post by Coldie »

1 of the biggest negative impacts to this would be the decay timer, anything you tag as 'food' suddenly decays much faster than it used to. Couldn't store items in the same way it used to be, think of places you can't put food at the moment, that is how the items would act if classed as food.
Lots of negative impacts for this unfortunately.

Batta
Digger
Digger

Post by Batta »

Okay, thanks for the explanation.

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

What you could do though is add custom items with food properties created by processing other materials, for example, "wemp buds" could be extracted from wemp, with food properties using a custom action "Pick buds", or something. Or "roasted acorns" are made from heating acorns. Once you have the custom food items you can use them in custom recipes. For example, I've added coffee beans which is created in a similar manner of how pineapples are made, by combining other ingredients, and the coffee beans can then be processed in various ways to make espresso, latte, café au lait etc.

Batta
Digger
Digger

Post by Batta »

Sounds great, but out of my skill set. I was just hoping for a mod, but I understand that's not possible.

Kenabil
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Kenabil »

But what you can do is create recipes without any modding, and use common items, you just need to write the recipes a bit differently. Look at this recipe for example:

Code: Select all

{
    "name":"apple on a stick",
    "recipeid":"1721",
    "skill":"cooking",
    "active":{"id":"handle"},
    "target":{"id":"green apple","cstate":"raw"},
    "result":{
      "id":"toffee apple",
      "name":"apple on a stick",
      "cstate":"raw",
      "difficulty":1
    }
  }
In this example, I'm using a custom item, but you could replace the toffee apple with something else. As you can see, the handle isn't a food item, it's an ordinary wooden handle, which you activate and attach to the apple.

The vanilla Wurm recipe model doesn't permit every kind of imaginable recipe, but with a bit of tweaking you can almost do.

Best way to learn writing recipes, is to read through the existing ones and see how they've done it. Branch isn't a food item either, but you can use it for "rat-on-a-stick" which is the trademark for an inn on my server :mrgreen: