Lots of suggestions

Requests for mods of any kind, also includes tools, models, recipes and guides.
sleepysprout
Small cart builder
Small cart builder

Lots of suggestions

Post by sleepysprout »

I have compiled an imgur gallery of visual ideas to give anymore inspiration about the suggestions below.

Here's a wall of text of ideas for people thinking about making a mod but undecided on what to start on.

Furniture
More beds - With plainer looking material, please. I know patterns liven the design up but I just want a bed with plain sheets that doesn't look like it was made for a child.
More rugs - preferably ones that aren't so bright they blind you, but I feel like we could use some more meditation rugs and decorative rugs.
Wall shelves with dishes/books/alchemy items/coats hanging from them - Floating, just push them into the wall

Gardening
Window planters - Floating, could just push them into the wall and they'd sit right under a window
Ivy or Morning Glories - Floating, just push them into the wall. They could hang on a wall or under a window.
Fake decorative plants - Fake large bushes like hydrangeas, butterfly plants, big potted plants, fake decorative trees (tall cypress trees come to mind) (you could even put old or new plants in a smaller crate or barrel- large or small)
A garden pond - Doesn't have to be usable to drink out of. I'm just dying for something plain and or with lilypads and or lotus. Maybe a cute frog sitting in the corner.
A bird bath - Doesn't need to have water in it, if water is available doesn't need to be drinkable. Doesn't need birds. Please don't put a chicken or a pheasant in it. I will cry.
Decorative small/medium/large vases - Filled with new or old flowers (I'd really love to see new flowers, even if they're never going to be plantable!)
Dried hanging herbs - Any kind, even flowers. I just want to be able to push them up against the wall. The walls are just so bare and boring.
Garden statues and better/cuter gnomes - All small/medium/large statues aside from archeology have grown pretty stale. Fairies, dragons, angels, cherubs, lions, cats, plant pot pedastals- I'm game for anything at this point. I also really want to use the garden gnomes in game but I'm pretty tired of them as well. Could we get some cuter ones?
Bird houses - Ones that float that you can push into a wall to make it look like a hanging birdhouse or birdhouses on poles. Maybe you could make them work like chicken coops and have them produce eggs?

Decor/Clutter
Tea sets - Fancy and plain. I think a fancy tea set with all separate pieces would be nice so you can choose what you want to use.
Kettle - Either for boiling water or just decoration
More natural looking paintings and tapestries - Paintings of nature, royalty, animals, dragon battles, unicorns, depictions of heaven (not religous, just think it's pretty), cottage/medieval scenes, families etc
Wooden window insides - I've seen a mod that has black window panes. I was hoping for wooden or even lattice?
Stained window insides - Again I've seen a mod that has these but I'd really like some basic insides for these. Something that looks decent if it's repeated over and over again.
Hanging lantern - like the lantern we carry around, the iron version. I've seen people push the brass lights into the walls but brass is just too fancy for me. If we could just have the iron lamp hang on our porch.
Wall candle - Just push all the floating stuff into the wall and it looks like it's hanging.
Wooden carving decorations - Figurines (animals, statues, people- anything), woven baskets, coffee tables, dining tables, chairs, benches, large swings, brooms, buckets with bundles of sticks in them,
Pillows - Plain colours, patterned, small, long, short, large etc. I'd like to put them on a bed, a chair, in piles
Hay - Large hay piles, huge bales of hay, a feeding trough full of hay and or water. I'm aware that we have the bed of hay but that doesn't really look like it goes in an animal pen ): (oh, maybe a slop trough to feed pigs that keeps food from rotting?)
Weather vain - I think it could probably work like the tall white flag that shows you what way the wind is blowing?
Decorative boots - ones that don't pile up and count as decoration. I just want some worn boots to sit in the doorway.
More decorative skulls - deer/stag/mountain lion, bear- really just any mob. People like to decorate with them. You could have them able to sit on the floor or hang them from the wall? Why can't the dragon skulls hang ):
Instruments - Pan flute, lute, drums- why aren't these things in wurm? They don't even need to make sound or anything, it's just nice to have them around for decoration.

Maybe Impossible
More house walls and types - I'm dying for some wider (double wide or more) and or taller windows in the walls we already have (ones you can sit items in the window cil as well!). Proper balconies in stone/slate/marble like timber has. A floating middle piece for 3+ wide archways (because what is that T piece for that????) in all types.
More fences - I'm so dissatisfied with the fences we have now. I've included ideas for fences at the bottom of the gallery I've uploaded.
More mobs - More dragon types, more D&Deque mobs, more fantasy mobs in general
More livestock types and skins - Not only am I dying to need a reason to have horses on my deed (seeing how wargs, dragons and hellhorses are faster), I'd just like to see different things in general. Even if they're fantasy themed. Horses with wings (even if you can't ride them?), horses with fire or ice manes and hooves, undead horses, war horses of some sort. And sheep! Please give us more sheep skins. Cow skins. Chicken. As for new mobs- I think rabbits, squirrels, foxes, dire wolves, bug bears, kobolds, lizard people, orcs, treants, will-o-wisps, golems, bigger versions of snakes (sandworms?), smaller/wimpier version of dragon or drake (something in between the leap of rift creatures and unique damage) dragons that don't hurt walls but drop everything as usual and hurt as usual)
Stables - Buildings you can build like chicken coops that you can load horses or cows etc in
Camps - You investigate a lair/spawner that spawns an army of mobs that you have to kill every one of in order to have a treasure chest drop or something. It'd be a good idea that you'd need to be a certain level in fighting in order to get the option to investigate or raid the lair so that not just anyone could go around griefing people.
Automatic unique loot distribution for anyone that's gotten a hit on the unique.
Gambling.
Kits. Allow gms to arrange a box of things they can send to everyone's token as a gift for a holiday or something.
Sleep bonus distribution for anyone online at the time of a unique slaying (because you can now rest easy the monster is dead)
Online massive marketplace (like MMOs) - list an item on the market and have the market store the item until purchased or you request the item back. It'd be really good for selling resources like bricks and mortars. Items could arrive at your token in a crate/crates.
More alchemy items and potions - the better your alchemy the better/longer the affects last. Like running faster, carrying more, slightly elavated skill gain, a couple seconds of invincibility??, things to teleport you randomly, turn you into an animal for a day, make you glow, give you night vision, allow you to harvest a little more, ups your chances of not shattering an item- I could go on
More jewelry and clothing - stuff that gives us buffs or stuff that's just nice for immersion. I can't complain about the armour we have- just the basic clothing. Maybe more pauldrons would be nice. And what happened to capes???
Piers - WO recently came out with a way to not only make piers- but you can build on top of them? I wonder if that's something we'll ever be able to have.

And honestly? I'd like to see more items in neutral colours and less red. By no means exclude red but it's just everywhere and the colour red makes me feel uncomfortable. A lot of us play PVE and red evokes energy/fighting spirit. Neutral colours like browns, tans, whites, greens, grays, blacks are soothing. Even blues and shades of yellow are lovely.

Instead of spamming the forum with tons of topics I'll just update this thread of I think of anything else.